Friday, August 5, 2011

If I Were an Agent

I saw a fun “if I were an agent” post the other week and thought I'd give my own take.

If I were an agent looking to build my client list, these are the kinds of books I'd really want to see right now:

Historical fantasy set in an unexpected time and place.

Urban fantasy that deals with real-world issues (think Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler).

Classical fantasy with a unique twist I haven't seen before (like Graceling or The Shifter or The False Princess... though since those are all strong female leads I'd love to see an unexpected male lead).

Any book, fantasy or not, that isn't preachy but has a positive view of people of faith.

Any book (not necessarily sci fi) that plays with psychology and manipulation the way a book like Ender's Game or Dune does.

What would be on your list?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link. It is interesting to put ourselves in the agents' position for a minute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tempted to say anything with someone travelling back in time to ancient Rome or anything with a necromancer in it... :)

    ReplyDelete