Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Off Day


Today is sort of an off day for me. (Well, this whole summer has been a little off-kilter, but in a lot of good ways.) My head is in about a hundred different places, so I'm just going to pick a couple random things to talk about and that'll be that.

Whales

I went swimming with whales once when I was in Tonga in the south pacific. Awesome experience, and now it's something I can check off as a “been there, done that, got the t shirt” (and the video) kind of thing. But more than that, it was a moment when I really saw just how incredible some of the things in nature can be. The whole trip to Tonga was a good experience for me, because it was basically my first time out of the country, and the only person I had with me was a friend from school. So I look back on that trip and see it as one of my first major “growth spurts” in going from young adult to adult.

High Ropes

Speaking of growth, I had another growing experience of sorts at camp the other week. I'm very afraid of heights, and one of the activities was climbing around on a high ropes course. I was pretty nervous, but I ended up not being quite as afraid as I thought I would be. I felt safe. The biggest problem was knowing that if I slipped I would have a hard time pulling myself back up just because the course required a lot of arm strength. It was a challenge, and I'm really glad I did it.

And that's about all my brain can process right now. I hope you're all having a great week!

1 comment: