Monday, November 13, 2017

NaNoPITCHMo 13: OLYMPUS MONS

I think it's pretty clear from most of the pitches I've written that my genre is YA Fantasy. But I do enjoy stories that branch out from that genre, and I have some ideas of my own that fall into other categories--mainly Sci Fi.

This week I'll be posting some of those. The first--OLYMPUS MONS--is thanks to my love of all things having to do with Mars...

Hope was the first child born on Mars. Twenty-two years later she’s still the face of the Mars Inspiration Colony, simply for having been born. She feels like an impostor, taking credit for someone else’s achievement. So when she wakes up in the middle of the night from a dream of being the first to scale Olympus Mons, she knows she has to turn the dream into reality.

Jared is an extreme Earth survivalist. He’s conquered every challenge from the heights of Everest to the depths of the sea. But he’s never been able to claim the title “first.” For that he’ll have to travel to a new planet, ripe for records. If he can get to the top of Olympus Mons before Hope, he’ll finally have his title.

Two explorers. Two harrowing journeys. One mountain. But before either of them can claim victory at the top, they’ll have to survive the climb.

No comments:

Post a Comment